Sunday, April 11, 2010

JUST RANDOM STUFF

It was in the high seventies here on Saturday, so hubby and I worked outside in the yard a little. We found a snake. I am always saying the only critters we have are crows. Well, I guess I was wrong. We have snakes also. The snake was dead, not sure what killed it. Maybe Lulu? Hubby says it was not a poisonous snake, which is good.




On Sunday, I made Southwest chicken and bean soup. It was really good. I am posting the recipe for T. I was telling her about it and I think she might like it. Hubby and I can eat two meals on it.



Southwest Chicken and Bean Soup

1 lg can black beans
1.5 lb or so boneless chicken breast. (I used frozen chicken breast tenders and threw them in the crock still frozen solid.)
8 cups chicken broth. (I have made this twice and I think you can use less chicken broth than recipe calls for.)
2 16 oz jars salsa (I used one mild and one medium)
half a bag frozen corn
3 tsp cumin

Dump in crock pot

Turn the crock pot on low

Let it cook all day long

We also sprinkle some shredded cheese on top of our bowl of soup and I put a dollop of sour cream(hubby doesn't like sour cream.)


Also, I received this picture a few weeks ago. C went to a birthday party for a little girl and they had ponies brought in for the party. Her birthday cake was pink in the shape of a cowboy hat. C loves dressing up as a cowboy. I told M that he needs to live in Oklahoma, if he wants to be a cowboy. She said their were plenty of cowboys in Kansas. C had two birthday parties to go to this weekend. One, he was going bowling and the other was a carnival at a little boy's house. I guess I am just amazed at what parents spend on birthday parties now days for their kids. We tried to limit to spending fifty on ours kids parties when they were little, but I am sure parents spend two or three hundred now on their kids parties or maybe even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment