Friday, November 13, 2009

HOMEMADE ROAST

T is coming in tonight from Kansas City. There is an OSU game tomorrow night, that her and hubby will be attending. We usually go out to eat, but we decided that I should just have dinner ready when she gets here tonight. I suggested grilling and hubby said T had rather I just cook a roast. I think really, that hubby just wanted me to cook a roast instead of grilling.

This is the first roast I have cooked since we moved into this house. Hubby will always say that I don't put enough carrots and potatoes, but I tell him the pan will only hold so much, I have to have some room for the roast. We usually buy an English roast, but they did not have them at the store last night. Maybe that is just a Southern thing.

I promise there is a roast below all those potatoes and carrots. You can see some meat in the second picture. I then pour two cans of mushroom soup on top of the carrots and potatoes and cook all afternoon. I always dread cooking a roast but after it is in the oven your meal is finished except that I will open a can or two of green beans and cook and heat up some rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment