Friday, October 23, 2009

BONUS ROOM/PLAYROOM

I am still unpacking boxes. I don't have even one room completely put together. Every time K calls I always tell her I am trying to get the bonus room/playroom put together. I am making half the room where there is a TV and a love seat and the other half is a playroom for the grand kids.

But K will always say that I should have it finished by now if I am working on it that much and then she tells me to post pictures of what I do have finished. So, these pictures are for K.


I was telling T last weekend when she was here that they would have loved it when they were little if their Mamma or Grandmother would have had a room with toys like this for them to play with. One of them, I won't name names raised their grand daughter and her toys were at the house when we would visit, but our kids were not allowed to play with them. She even put the toy chest upon a shift robe, so they could not reach them.

I can not imagine having toys in my house and telling C or A they cannot play with them. I was big on toys for my kids and I am also for my grand kids, because when I was little I did not have very many at all. My parents only believed in buying things that were a necessity.

Most of these toys belonged to K. I gave away T and M's toys, but K insisted I keep hers. There are two big closets in the bonus room, so I took one and put a lot of the toys on the shelves in it.

K collected the Sweet Valley Twins and Babysitters Club books.

We use to play games all the time and I enjoyed it. We need to start back playing them, but we get sidetracked now just watching the grand kids play.



T put my bookcase together last weekend that I had ordered. I still have to figure out some way to display all my barbies. I have at least forty of them and the toy box is full of dolls. I still have another storage box full of dolls also and a storage bin full of doll clothes. Mamma made lots of those, so I want to display them. I have barbie clothes that my mother made thirty years ago for T and M's first barbie dolls. She also crocheted doll blankets for them and made sheets for their doll beds. I don't think a lot of grandmas would have gone to that much trouble.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! So nice and neat. I'm just picturing what it is going to look like once Carter gets there :-)

    ReplyDelete