Wednesday, June 30, 2010

THE BIRD FEEDER

A few weekends ago, hubby and I went to Home Depot and bought a bird feeder. It was against hubby's better judgement, because to put it lightly, he is feed up with the barn swallows, that we have around our house.

They built their nest, on the ledge above our front door. It is built out of mud. So, we have mud and bird droppings on our front porch all the time. It is a big mess. Hubby did some research and did you know, that it is against the law to tear down their nest, because they are migratory birds. So, I guess they will be leaving. The sooner, the better. Frankly, I think they are birds with an attitude.

But, even though hubby didn't want to get a bird feeder, he enjoys sitting on the patio watching them. He will fill it at night time and the next afternoon it will be empty. He is all the time telling me about a certain bird. Lulu enjoys watching them also.

This is his favorite. He calls it the red headed bird.

I think this one is pretty.





These birds only eat off the ground. They eat what the others drop. I have heard that certain birds are ground feeders. I guess that is what these are. But, the cute thing is, one stands still, while the other ones picks up the seed and puts it in their mouth.





No comments:

Post a Comment