Sunday, July 5, 2009

OUR FOURTH

K, A and I left for Oklahoma City on Thursday. What should have been a five hour drive turned into around 61/2 to 7 hours. A was not a happy traveler on the way there. We stopped several times and our first stop was in Knoxville, Ar. for K to nurse her. This truck was parked across from the gas station. So, we had to take a picture of it for C. I know he will enjoy seeing it.
When we finally arrived, we met up with M and T and we all went to eat at Teds, the best Mexican restaurant in OKC and anywhere. A friend of K's also joined us.
The food was really good and A thought the table tasted really good. The waitress even commented on she must think the table taste good.


After we ate, we all went back to hubby's apartment, he and I stayed in his apartment and K, A and T all stayed in a hotel. After it got late K wanted to take A back to the hotel and get her ready for bed. M said he would just lead them out because the apartment was kind of difficult getting in and out and he would go and pick up some food for our breakfast the next morning. Stay with me this gets interesting.


About five minutes after they all left, the power went off. It follows me where ever I go. So, I call M and tell him the power is off and he says yes he knows he is trying to get back in the apartment and since it is gated and the power is off he can't get back in.


He tells me he will go buy a flashlight and come back. Well after about five minutes I hear someone banging on the front door then they jiggle the doorknob and then put a key in the door. I don't think it can be M because he hasn't had time to get back, so I call him and ask him where he is. He said at Walgreens and I tell him someone is trying to break in.


I ask him if I should call the police and he says he doesn't know what I should do but he locked one deadbolt and there is another one and for me to go and lock it. So, the only light I have is my cell phone, it was so dark in the apartment I couldn't see my hand in front of my eyes. I finally get to the front door and lock the other dead bolt while the person is still trying to get in the apartment. I then take a chair and put it in front of the door and sit in it. So, if they got the door open, they were going to have to push me out of the way which might have been hard to do. I then take out my cell phone and call K and T and tell them someone is trying to break in and should I call the police. K says yes and T is always trying to see good in people and tells me she thinks because there is no power anywhere in the complex, the person has the wrong apartment.


In the meantime the person leaves and maybe T was right that they did have the wrong apartment, because they were nice gated apartments, but I have never been so afraid in all my life. We will never know if someone was trying to break in or if they did have the wrong apartment. About five minutes after M came back with the flashlight, the power came back on.


The next day M and I looked at some neighborhoods and found some that we really liked. We found some houses also that we liked. We then met up with T, K and A and we all went to the Hide -A -Way for lunch. The best pizza in OKC or anywhere for that matter.

The fourth we went down to Brick Town and went through the Bass Pro Shop. Later, we went to Toby Keith's Bar and Grill to eat. The food there was delicious also.



K and A. A in one of her cute little patriotic outfits.





Aunt T and A in another one of her cute little patriotic outfits.We got up this morning and K, A and I headed back to Arkansas. A was so good on the way home. She slept and when she wasn't sleeping she just played. Of course we had to stop at Braums coming and going to eat.


A eating her cereal at Braums. A can sit in a high chair now but not without sliding down.

Aunt T and Pap-paw keeping A happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment