Thursday, May 14, 2009

CURIO CABINET

K and A came over yesterday. We went into Little Rock to eat and then to Target to get a a new toy. Because A went to the pediatrician yesterday and got six shots, so I thought she deserved a new toy for getting all those shots and still being in a good mood.

After we got back home K cleaned our curio cabinet. I researched curio cabinets and the reason it is named that because it makes people curious when they look in them. Well, that is especially what happens with ours. When people come to our house for the first time, they will stand and look at all the things in our curio cabinet for a long time. Also, my family and hubby's family will remark wow, you probably spent a lot of money on all those things. I love to tell them no, actually almost every thing in there was a gift.
These are some of the things in the cabinet that are special to me. Actually, everything in it are special to me but these just a little more so.

This plate and snowman is delft pottery that T bought for me on her trip to Holland. Yes, I leave the snowman out all year long.

This is my safari collection and this mask and elephant was given to me by K who brought it back to me from her trip to Costa Rica.

This is a mask that was giving to us at one of M's company's trips to New Orleans. It was handmade and signed by the person who made it.

This is a music box that was given to us from M's company's trip to San Francisco.

Can you believe that we did not take one picture of A, but don't worry Aunt T is coming in from Kansas City tomorrow and K and A will be spending lots of time over here visiting over the weekend, so I am sure we will gets lots of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment