Wednesday, January 13, 2016

SUGAR BOWL/NEW ORLEANS

We left to go to New Orleans on New Years Eve for the Sugar Bowl.   We spent the 1st night in Ar. and picked up Kim and Abby.  Hubby and Tracy were going to the game. Oklahoma State vs Ole Miss.  Kim and Abby just went along to enjoy the trip and keep me company while Hubby and Tracy were at the game.

Now the game alone has some significance for hubby and me.  Hubby graduated from Mississippi State and Ole Miss was a big rival.  I grew up less than 45 miles from Ole Miss.  Most of the people I graduated with attended Ole Miss after graduation from high school.   Of course, Tracy graduated from Oklahoma State and  hubby is a huge fan of OSU.  The outcome was not in favor of OSU though.

On our drive to New Orleans.  Abby was getting comfortable.  As you can see out the window, there was lots of flooding on the way down.  Not sure if this is in Arkansas or Mississippi. 

















We arrived in Kenner, La, a suburb of New Orleans, where we had booked a hotel, around 5:30 and everyone was hungry.  Kim requested seafood..  I had read reviews that Harbor Lobster and Seafood was the best seafood restaurant in Kenner.  I have to say that it did not disappoint

This is a picture of Kim's plate.  I had grilled catfish and it was really good.




I only managed to stay up until 10 but I was awakened at midnight by fireworks.  I could hear them go on forever but never got up to even look  out the window.  I think I even fell back asleep before they ended.  That is how tired I was but from just listening to them, I was amazed.


This picture was taken by my nephew's wife who was down on the French Quarter at Midnight.

Pictures  in the French Quarter.


Abby standing in front of the St Louis Cathedral on the Jackson Square, in the French Quarter.

Hubby, Kim and Abby took a carriage ride in the French Quarter.  Tracy and I just drove around while they were on the carriage ride.  It was kind of a mad house on the French quarter on New Years day, with so many OSU and Ole Miss fans in town.


 The lady driving the carriage told Abby she could pet the horse. that he loved being petted.  His name was Mack.  Now Abby wants a horse.



Pap-pa and Abby walking in the French Quarter.





 Abby poising at Cafe' du Monde.  We had to have a beignet while we were there.  They tasted like fry bread with powdered sugar on top.  Ok but nothing special.  Just my opinion.


Abby in front of  the restaurant that we ate at on New Year's Day.  We were surprised that a lot of things were closed in Kenner on New Years day.


Our hotel was next to Lake Pontchartrain.


































Hubby and Tracy at the game.



This picture was taken of hubby in front of the hotel before we left.



I had been to New Orleans once before.  That was before Katrina.  I had fun on the trip.  I hope everyone else did.  Abby said she did.


No comments:

Post a Comment