Wednesday, June 4, 2014

THE LAKE

When I lived in Maumelle, Ar., I lived one block from this lake.  I have many memories of this beautiful lake.  We celebrated my mother's 89th birthday with a party at this lake.  I also remember one 4th, hubby, Tracy, Kim and I sitting beside the lake and watching fireworks.  I remember not getting even one mosquito bite,  Not sure how that was possible.  Maybe the city had sprayed really good.

There were walking paths all around the lake and hubby walked the shaded paths almost every morning.  When we listed our house for sale and I had a showing, I would go sit at the lake and read a book.  I would occasionally look up to see a momma duck swim by, with her little ones trailing behind her.


These pictures include every season at the lake.

Spring.  You can see the walking paths in this picture.
Summer.



The beginning of fall.  If you look closely, you will notice a bunker in the background.  The bunkers were built in 1942 and used during World War II to manufacture and store munitions for the military.  This bunker is listed on the National register of Historic places.


Falls were absolutely breathtaking.
We had very few snows when we lived in Maumelle but they were all beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment