Thursday, September 5, 2013

SMALL TOWN USA

This is a picture of a street in the small NE Mississippi town that I was born and lived in for 20 years. A train track went down the middle of the street. They say the train track has now been removed and a bike trail is in its place. The building on the corner by the stop sign was my uncle's drug store back in the fifties. When I would go to his store, he would always give me a fountain coke and I would drink it and look at comic books, while he and my dad talked. When we would leave, he would tell me to pick out a comic book to take with me. The building on the left across the street was a bank where my parents did business. I went with my dad many times to that bank when I was a little girl. Can still remember the musty smell. Good times and bad times in that small town.






No comments:

Post a Comment