Saturday, January 7, 2012

OUR TRIP (DAY THREE)

This was the day of the game. So, hubby and Tracy were planning on leaving for the game around 3:30. We decided to sleep a little later, go down for breakfast and then do a little sight seeing. The first place we drove through was next to our hotel. It was a retirement community or as they call them out here, an active adult community. They didn't fib, they were all active, playing golf, walking and playing tennis.

This community was beautiful. As you entered, the medians were lined with palm trees. I think every house had at least one palm tree in their yard and cactus. The really tall cactus. There were more golf carts on the street than cars. This community had four golf courses, several lakes and waterfalls. The houses weren't huge, but I guess older people down size and also for some, it might be their vacation home. Some houses also had a view of the mountain. I think hubby and I could definitely live here after he retires, but it is just too far.
Some pictures we took inside the community.


We didn't have time to do a lot of sight seeing. Tracy and hubby went to Trader Joe's to pick up some things and they had never been in one. We don't have them in Oklahoma. They were wearing their OSU shirts and the sacker told them that he went to OSU for one semester. They gave him a bull riding scholarship. Who knew they even gave those, but he said that he didn't study and flunked out after one semester. I guess that is why he was sacking at Trader Joe's. I just thought it was kind of funny.
We then went to eat lunch at Five Guys. We don't have those in Oklahoma either. It was so good. I know that it is really bad for you, but we didn't really eat that bad the whole time, except for then. Some nights, we just went to the grocery store and picked up a salad and took it back to the hotel.

After that, it was time for them to head to the game. They were gone eight hours and I did get bored, staying in the hotel. I took a little nap, watched TV and also watched the game. They told me after they got home around 11:30 that they didn't either one have any cell phone service inside the dome. If I had needed them for any reason, I could not have gotten in touch with them. I sure am glad I didn't know it until afterwards.

Day four, we got up and started back home. I didn't take any pictures on the way back. We stopped in Flagstaff again and ate lunch. We all fell in love with Flagstaff. We made it back to Albuquerque around six, checked in the same hotel that we had stayed in on our way to Phoenix. We then went to eat dinner and came back to the hotel and watched a little TV. We all went to bed early that night.

Day five, we got up really early and headed back to Oklahoma. We passed a lot of OSU fans on the way back also. Like I said, I really enjoyed the trip, but it was so good to get back in Oklahoma
.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! That definitely looks like a place I could get used to!

    ReplyDelete