Thursday, February 2, 2012

DAY DREAMING AS A CHILD

When I was growing up as a child, we had it hard at times. Especially when we lived on the farm. I was ten years old when we moved from the farm to the outskirts of town.

We shouldn't have had it hard because we owned over 150 acres of land, but I don't think my dad knew how to manage money was the problem. We farmed and had three families of sharecroppers living on our land at one time.

But, the reason for the picture is when I was little and was bored I would just day dream. I would dream that I lived in a house like the one below and we had lots of money and I could have anything I wanted.

I sometimes even dreamed I had different parents. My mother was a good mother, so not sure why I wanted different parents. My dad could be very difficult and even mean at times.

Maybe I was just an odd little kid, but this house in the picture would have been the exact house I dreamed about living in.

The house in this picture is located in Illinois, but we had houses just like this one where I grew up in North East Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment