Thursday, June 25, 2009

38TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

Today is hubby and my thirty-eighth wedding anniversary. That's a long time isn't it. I think it was as hot on this date 38 years ago in that little town in North East Mississippi as it is today in this little small town in Arkansas.

After the wedding ceremony and reception, M and I left for our honeymoon, which was about an hour away. As a wedding gift to us M's oldest brother Randy had let us borrow his new Monte Carlo to drive to Memphis and also had given us two bottles of champagne.

I remember how important we both felt driving that brand new car and checking into The Holiday Inn on Lamar Ave. in Memphis. M still had on his Tux and I had changed into another dress. It was the first time I had even stayed in a hotel and the first time I had ever tasted champagne, which I wasn't that impressed with. I was only nineteen and M was just twenty. Oh how naive I was and as the saying goes a lot of water has gone under the bridge since.




I received these roses today and we went to eat at Carinos.

1 comment:

  1. wow! 38 years is awesome. congrats and i hope you guys celebrated nicely! haha

    ReplyDelete